Old versionsSee all
Platform Agent is well suited for environments that require a smaller footprint without sacrificing a high level of manageability. It provides a subset of Common Agent function used to communicate with and administer the managed systems, including hardware alerts and status information.
Platform Agent is available for all IBM® Power®, System x® and IBM BladeCenter®, and System z®, IBM System Storage® systems, and some non-IBM systems.
The function available for Platform Agent managed systems is limited to the following tasks, and varies based on operating system and hardware.
- Discover systems
- Collect limited platform inventory data
- Monitor health and status
- Manage alerts
- Remotely deploy and install Common Agent
- Perform limited remote access
- Perform limited restart capabilities